Wednesday 27 April 2016

Review - La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel

There's nothing worse than leaving the gym still feeling sweaty and grotty! I plan time into my workouts to make sure that I have a spare 15 mins to jump in the shower and have a quick wash, and the face is something that definitely shouldn't be forgotten about. Whilst sweating is great as it unblocks your pores with all the daily grime you've collected; it's not the best idea to leave it sitting on your skin for hours after your workout - otherwise that dirt will soon be settling back in to your face again! 

My "at home" skin routine is somewhat vast, whereas I like to be quick and effective at the gym. Following skin goddess Caroline Hirons rules - wipes are a no go, so I opt for a cleansing gel to remove the nasties and leave me feeling refreshed.

The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel is a mid price range wash, costing £11 at Boots (currently on a 2 for £15 cleanser offer - BARGAIN!); and works like a dream for me. My skin is prone to imperfections and I'm a fan of the Effaclar range as a whole; and the great thing is that with a pH of 5.5; it's suitable even for sensitive skin. 

It lathers a little on contact with water, however the foam is not drying and instead carries more of a refreshing feeling! There is a scent, it's definitely a fresh scent and not floral; but isn't one that hangs around after you've rinsed which is fab! You also only need a little of the product to cover your entire face and neck; and I think my 200ml tube has been going for almost 3 months already and I'm not even half way through! My one criticism is that I do struggle to get the product out of the packaging as the hole is very small; but that definitely doesn't put me off using it! 

What are your go-to products to feel refreshed after a hard gym workout? Do you have any favourites you think I should try?! Leave me a comment or even tweet me @cakeeaternomore :)!

Chow for now!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment